cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Orion Database mgr error

---------------------------

I have upgraded from NCM 7.8 to 7.9 and NPM to 12.4. I still get the error message that the Database mgr cannot find the file. Also NCM has the start transfer error because of this. I uninstalled orion and its components, it created the credentialstorage folder but empty.  Please help

-------------------pastedImage_0.jpg--------

Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\CredentialStorage\SolarWindsDatabaseAccessCredential.json'.

OK  

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 17

2012new​, I came across this on a clients system the other day. Same issue opening the DB Manger showed the same error.

We even did an update from 12.4 to 12.5 and added NTA to the mix, no change.

After verifying the accounts in use, we made an adjustment on the SQL side to use all SQL Auth for the DB's. Adjusted the owner and access right within sql, and the DB Manager still showed the error. 

Then I manually input my Server connection info into the DB Manager, and it connected. Then I closed the DB Manager and reopened it.

Problem Solved, no more error. It seemed DB Manager was holding on to some old data and just needed to be told what to use going forward.

Account mismatch is an App Killer

-CharlesH

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

Product Manager
Product Manager

Hi! Have you submitted a support ticket for this issue? Submit a Ticket | SolarWinds Customer Portal 

0 Kudos