This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Not all devices showing in SNMP report

Hi all -

New to NCM and I"m trying to work my way through some of the reporting here. Currently the stock report will give me almost all of my cisco equipment but for whatever reason my servers (physical and virtual) are not listed along with my storage devices. Any ideas what I can do to edit this and capture the device name, IP and SNMP community strings or WMI/ICMP data? I've been poking around for a bit and can't seem to piece that together.

thanks all for any help!

Mark

• Hi,

The report you are referring to only displays devices for which SNMP data exists, which is why you will not get everything. You could create a report which shows the columns you require and ensure you do not put a filter in place.

I have also shared a couple of reports from our library which together probably give you most of what you need. The default Agent Inventory report will cover servers being monitored via agent.

Mark Roberts

Prosperon - UK SolarWinds Partners

Installation | Consultancy | Training | Licenses

facebook_icon.jpglinkedin.pngblogger.pngtwitter-icon.jpg 

attachments.zip
  • Hi Mark

thanks for the reply and the reports. I had a feeling that was the issue (only pulling info for SNMP enabled endpoints) and was able to get around that by creating my own custom report using some of these variables.

SELECT NodeID, ObjectSubType, IPAddress, IPAddressType, DynamicIP, Caption, StatCollection, External, Community, RWCommunity

after playing with it for a long while I think I got what I needed but I'll go through what you shared as well.

thanks!

Mark

• Hi all - figured it out and it was (as usual) easier than I thought.

To export all the devices I have in SW I went to settings - manage nodes. Selected all from there and did an export with the data I wanted into a CSV that I could compare with the data I already had. That got me to where I wanted to be. Hope this helps someone.

thanks!

Mark