cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

Nodes not showing up on Configuration Manager

I have added nodes in NPM and they are showing up fine. I can even view nodes in NCM Summary and view past versions of configurations. However when I go into Configuration Management to see the nodes and set baselines, it just shows a blank screen.

There's this link which seems to report an issue with ambiguous custom properties but I've checked the same log file and can't find anything similar:

Nodes missing from the NCM Configuration Management View - SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. Help and Suppo...

0 Kudos
12 Replies

Have you enable the NCM for the device?

0 Kudos
Level 7

Thanks all for your feedback. I'm having this exact issue again with a different customer (I perform POC at different sites and set up SolarWinds evaluation for them). Still using IE.

I will try using another browser and update here.

0 Kudos

Hi holnave so I had this exact issue with a customer environment last week, and when we escalated it to SolarWinds they advised there was a corruption in the application. We attempted to install Hotfix but that didn't resolve. In the end, the support rep advised us to UnInstall IPAM, and then re-install from a fresh download of the installer. This worked and the customer has full functionality again.

Not sure how you've got on since this post, but thought you might try it if you're still having issues.

- David Smith
0 Kudos

dgsmith80holnave

This is related to an IE11 issue that is known with NCM. If you have issues in your production environment I strongly recommend you open a case so we can then keep you appraised of any progress on addressing this.

0 Kudos

Hi holnave​, this is actually an issue when using IE11, if you use any other browser it will work just fine. We have reported it to our dev team and they have addressed this, it will no longer be an issue in the next release.

0 Kudos

Can you show a screenshot of what you see? Have you made any changes to your environment recently that might have triggered this change ie an upgrade ?

- David Smith
0 Kudos

No recent changes. This happened upon discovery of nodes. Some nodes had their connections refused when manually downloading a config. I believe that is a firewall issue that can be resolved later.

The issue is with existing nodes with existing downloaded configs. Despite showing a history of config changes and downloads, the nodes don't appear in Config Management.

0 Kudos

Could you check please whether your trial period is still active please?

But it looks off alright as you don't even see the grouping/filter option.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

Trial period is still active. I will try a restart of services and if problem still persists, I will reconfigure services. Will update on status after.

0 Kudos

Sounds good.

When the repair / reconfigure didn't do the trick you can reach out to your SolarWinds Sales Rep who in turn can organise technical support for you.

0 Kudos

Have you checked your user account has NCM Admin Role assigned? It isn't done automatically when you make yourself an Admin. You have to scroll to the bottom of the User Account page and expand the NCM Settings portion. Then ensure you are Administrator Role.

- David Smith
0 Kudos

attached a picture in original post

0 Kudos