This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node list showing all nodes in "imported group"

Hi,

I have setup NCM to sync nodes with NPM and set the Group the Routers/Switches by Node Group in the node list section of the settings but it still just shows all of my nodes in one big group called Imported.

Is there a way to get NCM to use the groups I have created in NPM or do I have to manually set the group field for each node in NCM?

Thanks,

worto.

• Try this:

1.  From the NCM Management console interface on the NCM server, go to File-->Settings.

2.  On the top left of the window that opens, select Node List (it's the top entry).

3.  On the right side of this window is a pull-down menu.  Click on the down-arrow in the window and choose a different criteria for displaying the nodes.  I like to use the Vendor display option, but sometimes other items, like Device Status, can be helpful.

Good networking!

Rick

• Thanks, I have what I wanted now.

Group the Routers/Switches = Node Group

Auto expand the node List = Group

Seems to do the job.

thanks,

Steve.