This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Newest Version is crashing

The newest version (as of today) keeps crashing when attempting to download multiple configs at once. One config at a time works but if I do 2 or more the program crashes.

Error Signature
AppName: configuration-management.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.249 ModName: wodssh.dll
ModVer: 2.3.7.29 Offset: 00001f14

Once you click "OK" I get:

Configuration-Management.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x66046173" referenced memory at "0x05490eac". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program.
  • That's the SSHv2 update. They are working on this right now.
  • Thanks Don.

Do you know any information about my other post concerning line breaks/carriage returns in the configs?
  • Yup, thats addressed in the upcoming build, due out 11/8/05.

Thanks,
    Greg
  • I'm getting the same error problem when I try to batch download my devices:

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Application Error
    Event Category: (100)
    Event ID: 1000

Description:

Faulting application ConfigMgmtJob.exe, version 8.0.0.115, faulting module WODSSH.dll, version 2.3.7.29, fault address 0x00001f14.

I just installed this software today from a package downloaded last night. I seem to have functioning SSHv2 support in the package, so I don't know if the message above applies. Any ideas?

And is there a location to download new patches to the software? ONe thing I wish SW would improve on is their version tracking/numbering system. It's tough to know if you're running the latest, or what thay even is... for Orion and Wireless as well!

Michael
  • I believe is fixed in the newest version.

I've downloaded over 30 configs concurrently.
  • I have the exact same error as Michael.

I was running the DLX under a 30 day temp key and had been experiencing these problems. Just yesterday I upgraded to DL200 with a full license key. The date of the installer I used for the DL200 was 11/8/2005.

And now, it appends the devices record with not being able to log which populates the failed login report with false data.
  • Ok here is an update on my issue...

While my error shows ConfigMgmtJob.exe version 8.0.0.115, the version in my directory is clearly .144.

I only seem to have problems if I try and download more than 10 configs at a time. Looks like I get the first 10 and everything else registers as a "unable to log into router: timeout".

I rebooted my server a couple of times this morning and no more events are showing up in the application event log but the problem continues... hrmm
  • SnowJay,

That issue has been addressed in the latest build, which is being pushed to the download server right now. (11/17/2005 0830 Central)

Please download the new install package and try your downloads then.

Thanks,
    Greg

• It works perfectly now!

Thank you.
  • Greg -

Thanks for the response, I'll go d/l the new version.

Is it possible that you/whoever could set a "sticky" topic at the top of this forum, maybe only SW employees could post to it, that you could update when a new version if made available? That continues to be pain to me, figuring out if I have the latest and greatest or if I need to upgrade. If your org is anything like mine, getting a web page updated could be a pain, but posting a note like this would be much easier. What do you/anyone think?

Thanks again!
    Michael

quote:Originally posted by greg@solarwinds.net

SnowJay,

That issue has been addressed in the latest build, which is being pushed to the download server right now. (11/17/2005 0830 Central)

Please download the new install package and try your downloads then.

Thanks,
    Greg