This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need some help with adding nodes.

So I am new to SolarWinds anything I know is self taught so I am still figuring things out. I have added several nodes across a few networks and they are up and running fine but I have one router that i just can't get it to work properly and SolarWinds cannot access it. I have configured SNMP group and user with password correctly ( the same was done for others and they work just fine ) I can ping the router and traffic is flowing in and out the network. What else can i troubleshoot to make this work. I do apologize if the question is vague English is a second language and I have to be careful what info I put up about my network any ideas?

• - Which version of SNMP have you configured on your router? SNMP v3?

- Have you checked if there as any access list defined on this router that might limit SNMP queries from specific IPs only, and perhaps SolarWinds server IP is not in that list?

- There is an SNMPwalk.exe tool directly under the Solarwinds installation directory. You may want to try and do a MIB walk using that tool first. If it is SNMP v3, it is usually a matter of getting the correct authentication and privacy settings. This guide should definitely help http://www.solarwinds.com/documentation/Orion/docs/Implementing_SNMPv3r1.pdf

- Does the MIB walk tool show any OIDs at all in it's output? If the SolarWinds server is in a different network segment than the router, try copying just the SNMPwalk.exe to another Windows server on the same network segment and see if it responds from there. If it does, then something is blocking SNMP in between

• SNMP Version 3, There was a access list and to test I had them remove the access list and I still was not getting it. I will use the SNMPwalk and try it out. I appreciate the info and will let you know what happens.