This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need report to compare startup and running configs

I need to find out how to generate a nightly report that checks the startup and running configs of each of my devices and, if they don't match on a device, the report notes that fact.  Basically, I'm trying to mitigate the issue where someone makes config changes but forgets to write them (or wants to wait a couple days to test the changes then forgets).  I don't want to put out a nightly script to write run to start each night because there are instances where we are letting changes run for a few days to test them but don't want to write them so that reloading the box gets us back to where we were.  I want to get a report that tells me that systems X, Y, and Z have mismatched run-start configs and, if possible, gives me the mismatched lines.