Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NCM roles to use Firmware Upgrade

Jump to solution

Hi,

In our environment if the user is not administrator therefore cannot run the Firmware upgrades

My question is: If there's  anyone who has a work around for a non admin user but with full NCM Administrator role to run the Firmware Upgrades?

Thank You..    

1 Solution

I ran into this same issue with NCM.  I ended up giving admin access to just 2 of my network engineers.  I am hoping that this can be corrected in an upcoming update to NCM. I hate giving admin access to my monitoring system for someone to use a module.  I think this is a result of the fact that in years past; the role of "Monitoring Engineer" wasn't really a thing.  But now, that is my role and I should be able to control who can do what within the system without having to just give blanket admin access to the console.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies

I ran into this same issue with NCM.  I ended up giving admin access to just 2 of my network engineers.  I am hoping that this can be corrected in an upcoming update to NCM. I hate giving admin access to my monitoring system for someone to use a module.  I think this is a result of the fact that in years past; the role of "Monitoring Engineer" wasn't really a thing.  But now, that is my role and I should be able to control who can do what within the system without having to just give blanket admin access to the console.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thanks for quick response looks like that is all I can do for now.

You can go voice your thoughts on the Feature Request I posted within the NCM space as well if you would like.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/t5/NCM-Feature-Requests/Remove-the-need-for-Admin-Access/idi-p/597139#...

0 Kudos