This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM connection refused

hello,

am new in SolarwWnds and am trying to use NCM in order to have configuration history for my network devices . Cisco devises are working well and I have a configuration history , but when am trying to have a configuration history from Alcatel devices the feild  Last Login Result display Connection Refused by x.x.x.x

please any help to solve that ?

thanks emoticons_happy.png

• Verify that your NCM is using the correct SNMP credentials:

SNMP_credentials.JPG

AND that you have a connection profile with the correct devices - this is what NCM uses to login to your Alcatel devices.

You may need to create a new connection profile for your devices that are not working with new login credentials:

New Connection Profile.JPG

• shawn_b, I am having the same issue with my Cisco switch.  I'm using SNMPv3 which passes the test, but do I also need to set up a connection profile?

• 1ashgarg, yes you do

The connection profile is what NCM uses to login to your switch.

During automated or manually initiated tasks such as upload\download config, NCM needs to login to the switch in a telnet\SSH session similar to the way you would, to execute the commands

You need to define the admin username and password as well as enable password (if applicable) in the connection profile so that NCM can "parse" these credentials when the switch OS prompts during the telnet login.

If you have different admin usernames and passwords, you should create different connection profiles and assign the relevant one to the respective nodes in NCM. I might be subject to correction in this as I only use 1 admin and enable password on all my nodes.

• Bit of confusion here - NCM will use whatever connection profile you set to download configs, config change templates, etc.   In the case of the screen shot above, that would be telnet.  (I would prefer to use SSH, but that is the same area)

So, if you are getting connection refused - first make sure you can telnet / ssh into the device from your NCM server (or additional pollers, if you have the feature enabled)

If you cannot, then either you have invalid username/password or your blocked by ACLs.

Once you can successfully telnet /ssh in manually - set that same configuration up in the connections profile dialog box.