Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 7

NCM and Orion maps

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

One simple question, If you have only NCM, can you draw map using the orion maps ? I'm trying right now and the only thing I can do seem to place the node on it and do not have any kind of link between them. Every node seem to think that they are not connected to anything.

I've done a lot of searching trying to figure out if I needed a special config to enable it but seems to find nothing on this.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

NCM only does not have the ability to gather connection information between nodes. You need NPM for this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

NCM only does not have the ability to gather connection information between nodes. You need NPM for this.

View solution in original post

wyldspyder The comment from HerrDoktor​ is correct. Have you used or reviewed the NPM product before?

jblankjblank​ is the man for maps in the PM world if you have further detailed/technical questions.

THank you, jpetkevich​ and HerrDoktor​, this was the precision I needed. I have read somewhere that the orion server was able to do maps so I comncluded that it was also able to do the link between them.

I will look maybe later for NPM as our budget is somewhat limited.

Thank you and have a good week !

Sébastien

0 Kudos

Completely understand, don't forget you can try it for 30 days as well. That means you can go build the maps out and see the value for yourself.

0 Kudos