This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Ubiquiti AirOS Configuration Backup

Has anyone been able to backup Ubiquiti Wireless Bridges running Ubiquiti's airOS using Solarwind NCM?

Only information I've been able to find is this threat Automate backup of config from Ubiquiti NanoBridge M5 (DD-WRT) about CatTools but it seem to be a bit light on details.

• Hi dnewman,

What is the command to show the config? And how do you disable pagination for that device?

Regards,

Jiri

• After some investigation I've worked out a way to backup Ubiquiti AirOS configurations via Solarwinds. Putting the details in this post for anyone else who will find this useful.

For anyone else who also needs to utilise this functionality with NCM copy the below text (between the ---------- lines) into notepad and save as file name "Ubiquiti AirOS-1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1069.ConfigMgmt-Commands" in your Solarwinds DeviceTypes folder (c:\Program Files (x86)\Solarwinds\Configuration Management\DeviceTypes).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->

<!--Copyright 2005 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->

<Configuration-Management Device="Cisco WLC" SystemOID=" 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.1069">

<Commands>

<Command Name="Reset" Value=""/>

<Command Name="PreCommand" Value="y"/>

<Command Name="MenuBased" Value="false"/>

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="cat /tmp/system.cfg"/>

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will also need to create a connection profile under "Admin -> Settings -> NCM Settings -> Manage Connection Profiles" as Ubiquiti AirOS doesn't support RADIUS/TACACS auth at this stage:

pastedImage_4.png

When adding the device into NCM select your Global Connection Profile created above and set the Device Template to "Ubiquiti AirOS".

pastedImage_5.png

Hope this helps anyone else who has run into this issue also.

• Great guide. The only thing i had to change was

--->  SystemOID=" 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0"

I pulled the OID via MIB Browser.

Once I did that it worked!

Thank You

Grant.

• themacrat​ I would love to hear more about your environment and how you are using NCM.