This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Policy Rule for Cisco multi-line Login, Exec, and MOTD banners

Hello, 

Working at a government site that has a mandate for all three login, exec, and motd banners to be what you see below. I'm trying to configure a NCM policy rule to check for it in the config and automatically remediate it if it's missing. I've successfully gotten the policy to remediate and add the banners to a switch that was missing the config but now that the correct config is there, it's still reporting that it's missing. I don't fully understand the RegEx syntax and I think the presence of asterisks in my banner is causing an issue with checking for a simple string. 

If anyone has a recommendation on how to configure a rule to check for the banner below, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

banner exec ^C

**********************************************************************************************************
You are accessing a U.S. Government information system, which includes: 1) this computer, 2) this computer
network, 3) all Government-furnished computers connected to this network, and 4) all Government-furnished
devices and storage media attached to this network or to a computer on this network. You understand and
consent to the following: you may access this information system for authorized use only, unauthorized use
of the system is prohibited and subject to criminal and civil penalties, you have no reasonable
expectation of privacy regarding any communication of data transiting or stored on this information system
at any time and for any lawful Government purpose, the Government may monitor, intercept, audit, and
search and seize any communication or data transiting or stored on this information system; and any
communications or data transiting or stored on this information system may be disclosed or used for any l
awful Government purpose. This information system may contain Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)
that is subject to safeguarding or dissemination controls in accordance with law, regulation, or Government
-wide policy. Accessing and using this system indicate your understanding of this warning. All activities
performed on this system will be monitored. "This Government Agency" employees and contractors are reminded that
all official email communications must be made using their assigned government
email account. Use of personal email accounts for official communications is prohibited. For
support or to report a security incident, please contact the Help Desk at xxx-xxx-xxxx.
**********************************************************************************************************
^C