This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Node report for snmp-server community

Hello

I was wondering if it is possible to set up a report using the n Network Configuration Manager v 6.1  that will display each snmp-server community string by node?

We are able to manually execute a script via the Orion NCM web UI, by using "execute a script". Using this script results in data by node, but is not in a the type of report format that we prefer.  The command script that we are using to obtain the data is:

sh run | include snmp-server community

Using the method described above is a bit time consuming and is not in the report format that we would prefer.

When we RDP to the Orion NCM server and go to view reports it appears that I am only able to get Read-Write Community strings for some nodes, Some are missing data using the view report.  I must be missing something here.

The report is titled "Community Strings for each node"

The selected fields in the report are: System Name. IP Address, Managed Protocol, Vendor Icon, IP Address v6, Machine Type.

Has anyone else been able to extract the data for the snmp-server community strings in a report format?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thanks so much

Linda

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

Hi

This looks for the latest Running config from 2011-08-09

use solarwinds_ncm
    select n.NodeCaption, c.Config, c.ConfigType, c.ConfigTitle, c.DownloadTime from Nodes n, ConfigArchive c
    where n.NodeID = c.NodeID
    and c.ConfigType = 'Running'
    and c.Config like '%snmp-server community public%'
    and c.DownloadTime >= DATEADD(DAY, DATEDIFF(DAY, '19000101', '2011-08-09'), '19000101')

or

This looks at todays date for the latest Running config starting from the morning at 00:00:00

use solarwinds_ncm
    select n.NodeCaption, c.Config, c.ConfigType, c.ConfigTitle, c.DownloadTime from Nodes n, ConfigArchive c
    where n.NodeID = c.NodeID
    and c.ConfigType = 'Running'
    and c.Config like '%snmp-server community public%'
    and c.DownloadTime >= DATEADD(DAY, DATEDIFF(DAY, '19000101', GETDATE()), '19000101')

You can add other SQL statements to look for multiple SNMP comm strings, you can then add this to a report via report writer i you wanted too.

Kind Regards

James

• Hi there

Thanks much for the mySQL statements.  I was able to launch the report writer from the Solarwinds NPM server.  I tried to create a new report using the SQL statement for today's date, but it complained about not finding solarwinds_ncm.

We also have Solarwinds NCM running on another server, perhaps there is a place that I can create the report using these SQL statements there?  Not sure...any help would be appreciated

Thanks so much

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to LSanz

Hi

No problem

solarwinds_ncm is my database name, so just change it to the name of your NCM database. you could use the SQL reporter in NPM to talk to the NCM database as long as they are on the same database server. If that is not the case then you could use SQL studio express from microsoft to connect to the NCM database and then run the SQL from there.

I have created a coupel of PERL scripts that can talk to a MSSQL DB from a remote unix system , so if you want an example of that then let me know

Kind Regards

James

• I had an issue when using Custom Macros for the community strings in the Node Details.  When the string is too long (19 works but 21 digits is too long), it works when using SNMP to reach the device, but the "Community Strings for each node" report would show the macro name rather than the string represented by the macro.  After changing the strings to names less than 21 digits, they all show up correctly in the report.