cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NCM - Need to Develop a widget/button to kick off series of scripts on multiple devices

Jump to solution

I am looking to "develop" a way to do the following:

- In a window/widget on the Orion webpage

- User selects group of devices (predefined group) then start - gets warning and must click yes to continue

- If yes then

- send email

- kick off a series of config scripts across multiple devices (with the option to select "group" of devices)

- send email that this is complete

- track who clicked button

An opposite version of this as well - maybe a toggle

How can I do this?  I have looked into jobs but they seem to be locked to a specific device and script

Can I write a .NET "plugin" to Orion for this functionality using the Orion API/SDK?

I would like to use Orion to pull the device information, track user and have NCM handle the storing scripts and pushing scripts

We need this to mimic the behavior we had in a previous product.

Thanks,

Richard

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Question 1 - I was able to accomplish this and even leverage the SolarWinds Application Pool - I may move away from this

Question 2 - I found out that SWIS was not breaking with inheritance disabled for the system.serviceModel in the SolarWinds web.config, but instead some of my queries where breaking it

Question 3 - I tried and tried but in the end I enabled Auto Windows Authentication Login in the NPM Web Settings and this allowed me to pull the Login.Identity information correctly in my Web Application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 9

Not Authentication but the app works independently of SolarWinds

Issues I am running into:

A. If I add my app as a child application of the SolarWinds Application under IIS - I am trying to avoid touching the web.config under the SW root

1. I get errors under the web.config when the system.serviceModel (WFC) section is parsed in my application - specifically <binding name="Core.NetTcpStreamedBinding"> section - I have tried disabling inheritance for the entire system.serviceModel section in the SW web.config and this works but it breaks SWQL Studio.

2. I cannot decrypt the .ASPXAUTH cookie to identify username

B. Run as a separate App under IIS on separate web site

1. Need additional IP/Cert

Question 1:  Is it possible to have Solarwinds a sub application of another website?  I tried this briefly and it broke

Question 2:  Anyone know how to disable inheritance for the system.serviceModel at the child application web.config level (<clear/>; <remove/> don't seem to work)

Question 3: Is there any way I can get login information from .NET objects in play when running as a child application or not?

Tech Support suggested enabling Single Sign On and I will try this as well but I really would like the application to run as a child application.

0 Kudos

Question 1 - I was able to accomplish this and even leverage the SolarWinds Application Pool - I may move away from this

Question 2 - I found out that SWIS was not breaking with inheritance disabled for the system.serviceModel in the SolarWinds web.config, but instead some of my queries where breaking it

Question 3 - I tried and tried but in the end I enabled Auto Windows Authentication Login in the NPM Web Settings and this allowed me to pull the Login.Identity information correctly in my Web Application.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 9

Ok - So I am going down the development path - I have successfully built a test ASP.NET C# based web app that leverages the SW API.

The next step, I am hoping, is to integrate with SolarWinds Orion website.  Is it possible to integrate an ASP.NET web "part" into the SolarWinds website? 

I see that I can add HTML but I would like to integrate the app I am developing to leverage the Authentication and Authorization capabilities in SW Orion, the look and feel, etc instead of building a second website strictly for my app.

0 Kudos

Did you ever get this working? I think a script would be a better route to integrate with Orion.

0 Kudos