This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Job Engine backup configs issue

Hi all,

I was scheduled a job to backup configuration from network cisco devices.

I've 724 nodes into the jobs but only seems 524 nodes in email result.

Who know are there have maximum device issue or another issue?

thank you so much all !!

Have a nice day!

Capture1.PNG

• Might there be multiple pollers involved?  I have one "main" instance of NPM/NCM and multiple regional pollers.

All regional pollers operate under a single job created on the main NPM/NCM server.

When the jobs are complete I receive an e-mail notification from each regional poller stating success or failure.

At present, all those jobs look identical from the point of view of Sender and Subject.

Could you have multiple e-mails from multiple pollers, and you're deleting what appears to be duplicates that really aren't duplicate e-mails?

Alternately, you might check your time-out settings for backups.  I've had issues by setting them too short, causing failures.  You could try setting the options to the largest time outs and seeing if you have better luck.  If so, then test lowering the time outs until you find the sweet spot between failures and successes.

Also, check your settings for simultaneous downloads/sessions.  I've had issues by setting them too high in hopes to complete many jobs quickly.  It turns out that, for my network, six or eight simultaneous sessions/downloads is a reliable number.

Hoping you find the answer!

Rick S.