This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM - Is there a way to select multiple nodes using a file?

I am a new user.

I need to update the connection profiles of multiple nodes. I ran a report to create a list of nodes needing to be changed (nodes with no profile). With over 1200 nodes, and a display limit of 100, it is time consuming to track down and select lots of random nodes individually in the web interface.

Is there a way to use this list (flat file or csv) to select the nodes?

Alternately, can profiles be assigned to nodes using a script? And, of course, can a script use a list of nodes in a file?

Are there any examples or "best practices" for working with groups of nodes that can't be easily categorized (grouped)?

Thank you

8/24 update - I did notice that in the Configuration Management page, node selections persist across multiple searches. This helps a bit. I decided to do it manually. I would still like to learn a better approach, because we will be adding more nodes.