cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

NCM - Exclude devices from the Running vs Start Up comparison?

Hello!  I managed to add multiple Ayava devices to our config backup job, and it works great.  However, the Avaya's don't have a so called "Startup" configuration.  Is there a way for me to manaully set certain devices to be excluded from the comparison that is done daily?    The team here knows there is nothing we can do to "make" a startup config on these boxes and are just thrilled that after creating the NCM template we can now download configs, we just don't want them in the comparison bucket, so to speak.  Thanks in advance for any replies.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Level 9

If you are talking about the chart that compares startup to running, I would expect you can modify the template for the command used to download the startup config.  Just make it match how the running is downloaded.  This is more of a work around than a solution because you would then have 2 configs that are aquired in the same manner per device, but this would only apply to the devices that match the template for the specified Avaya devices.

0 Kudos

This is why I would like to be able to "comment" them out as opposed to having to do that...

0 Kudos
Level 9

I added an idea as requested.  http://thwack.solarwinds.com/ideas/1322

Great idea, it's got my vote.

0 Kudos

Thanks!  Need more people to vote!    I had to remove the chart from our page, it was turning into an angry red mouthed Pac Man.

0 Kudos
Level 18

Hi donc1972,

I suppose you're talking about the Daily Config Change Report. You can specify node selection criteria:

Job-Selection-Criteria.png

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos

Is this the same place that the comparison is made that creates the "pic chart" - Overall Running vs. Startup Config Conflicts

0 Kudos

No, unfortunately you can't do it for the chart.

0 Kudos

Darn.  Is there a place for a feature request?  This seems like a no brainer as being useful for folks that have other than an all Cisco shop.

0 Kudos

Have you considered:

Select Nodes Where all of the following apply

Agent IP Address Contains "."

Select Nodes Where Non of the Following apply

Caption is "bad router"

Vendor is not "Cisco"

etc, etc, etc

0 Kudos

Where would this be done?  That chart pulls the data from the comparison.  This is not a scheduled job, this is out of the box as far as I understand.

0 Kudos

You can create an idea over in the .  Please link back to this post if you wouldn't mind.

I certainly will!

0 Kudos