This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Device Template for Arbor (APS-2100-10g)

Hello.

Anyone who was able to download config for APS-2100-10g? Connection profile credential is okay but we are unable to download config.

We tried to use the template here (Arbor APS 2600-1.3.6.1.4.1.9694.1.ConfigMgmt-Commands ) but still having issue in downloading the config.

Below is the error :

Config not downloaded. Check commands or file names and retry.

Connection Refused.

Device template error.JPG

Appreciate your comments or if there's anyone who can share device template used to managed their Arbor device in NCM.

Thank you. emoticons_happy.png

• I guess you named the variables wrong.

what is the command to download the Running / Startup Config on the device.

e.g. to download running config you need to enter "download running-config" and to download startup config "Download startup-config"

your first line would be

download ${ConfigType}

Running config file name: running-config

startup file name: startup-config

hope that helps

• Hello HerrDoktor​. Thanks for your immediate feedback.

Tried your recommendation but got this error.Device template error2.JPG

• i guess you misunderstood, i was just giving an example, this is not for arbor devices.

you have to know the commands needed on the cli to download a config on your device, i am not familiar with arbor network devices so you need to tell us the commands needed, then we can show you how to implement the commands in solarwinds.

do you have a command-line reference book where you can look up the commands.

• ohh...i thought what you said was for arbor..hahaha emoticons_grin.png

We are not familiar as well with arbor. emoticons_sad.png

When I checked the template available in SolarWinds and dig to the template, I saw the following and assume that it is still applicable since it is arbor device as well.

<Configuration-Management Device="ArborAPS2600" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.9694.1">

<Commands>

<Command Name="Version" Value="system version"/>

<Command Name="Startup" Value="startup" />

<Command Name="Running" Value="show" />

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="conf ${ConfigType}" />

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="conf write${CRLF}${CRLF}" />

but  i got the error from the first image have shown

• Hello HerrDoktor​.

This resolves the issue. We were not able to download running and start up config

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png