Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 11

NCM Compliance Reports Help

Jump to solution

Hey fellow Thwackers

I need some help.

Is it possible yet with NCM to run a compliance report (check for a certain configuration string) against a certain group of nodes?

I have everything set up and am able to run the report against all nodes. Problem is, I have site-specific commands I would like to check for and have it run against chosen nodes only.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Thank you,

Cori

Tags (2)
1 Solution

corileigh77​ The view you're showing me is from Manage Reports, you need to go to Policies to do this selection and then Add or Edit, see below.

1.png

2.png

3.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

In the compliance reports the policy is where you define the logic for which nodes are subject to each rule.   You can key into your custom properties to say only devices at site X should have line Y on them, while site A should have line B

- Marc Netterfield, Github

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Level 10

Hi corileigh77

If you have site-specific items, is there any common denominator between your sites, some of the things that come to mind are hostnames, maybe if you assigned a custom field with a site ID, you can use the policy to specify the devices and in this case, it would be a site identifier. Can you give an example of something that you'd want to accomplish?

This is an example:

example.png

Thank you for your response.

I do not see a select node option. I am just realizing we are way back on version 7.5.1 or NCM. Could this maybe be why?

0 Kudos

You're welcome. You may already know this, but first, you have to create a rule, say you’re checking for SSH and making sure Telnet is disabled. Once the rule is created you go to Policies and add the rule(s) there.

1.png

Once you're in Policies you need to create one for your new or existing rules (ADD NEW POLICY).

3.png

That's where you'll be able to see and select your nodes. If that's what you did and can't see it, it might be your version or permissions, I'd open a ticket with Solarwinds if you still can't find these options to check if that's why.

0 Kudos

Hey Tigerr,

Thanks!

I have the rules and everything under the policy created. The problem is I don't have a select nodes option. Thinking I am too many versions behind.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Kudos

corileigh77​ The view you're showing me is from Manage Reports, you need to go to Policies to do this selection and then Add or Edit, see below.

1.png

2.png

3.png

View solution in original post

Can't Thank you enough! Can't believe I missed that! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos

You're very welcome, glad you found what you're looking for.