Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Highlighted
Level 8

NCM - Change Voice VLAN

Jump to solution

Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to NCM and I decided to come here for help versus blindly trying to figure this out on my own. I'm looking for the easiest way to modify the Voice VLAN on Cisco switches. I'd like to be able to select 1 or more switches and basically perform a find & replace of the current voice VLAN ID with a new VLAN ID. Ideally, it would update ports that currently have a Voice VLAN assigned and not just assign the VLAN to every port.

Looks like NCM can easily handle it with a proper script but I haven't really found much documentation on writing these scripts and I figured I'm better off hitting up the community before going at it alone.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: NCM - Change Voice VLAN

Jump to solution

The functionality in NCM you are looking for are "Config Change Templates" a documentation can be found here: The basics of NCM config change templates

First, you would need to run an Inventory Job on your devices to gather all the info needed for the template (Interfaces/VLANs etc.)

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

after your inventory is updated, try this config change template and modify it to your needs

pastedImage_3.png

if you need further help let me know

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

The functionality in NCM you are looking for are "Config Change Templates" a documentation can be found here: The basics of NCM config change templates

First, you would need to run an Inventory Job on your devices to gather all the info needed for the template (Interfaces/VLANs etc.)

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

after your inventory is updated, try this config change template and modify it to your needs

pastedImage_3.png

if you need further help let me know

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I appreciate the input and this is where I started when I began looking to this project. The issue here is that this script deals specifically with interface VLAN and not the Voice VLAN. Ideally, I was hoping to have the script look through all the interfaces and adjust the Voice VLAN only on interfaces that currently have a Voice VLAN.

Are you aware of any documentation on all the specific variables that are available? If I could target the Voice VLAN specifically that might help.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Jump to solution

We have a list of the entities you can use here: SolarWinds Information Service data entities

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hey paullson

In NCM, you can construct the command as you would execute it in the command line. You paste these into a new script, and you can then execute this on as many devices as you need too. Just make sure your device templates are correct, so NCM knows the commands to get in and out of privileged mode etc.

My advice would be to create the command list, save it in NCM as a new script, and then run it against a non-critical device first, review the outcome, and then forge ahead armed with the knowledge that it works

Hope that helps! I'm afraid I cannot help you with the exact commands, but do let us know if you need any further assistance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution

Hi

Take a look on that lab video ...explain how to use complice to replace some configuration

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSPupDFsbg&list=PLSAG2TJPvS5YIsM2X2lhdv5DTbR4HZGoC&index=47&t=0s

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Just wanted to thank you all for the help!

For anyone wanting to get into writing these scripts I highly recommend downloading SWQL. It is extremely useful.

I uploaded the script to thwack for anyone else that might find it useful. It's currently available here.

There will probably be multiple updates, I'll continue to re-upload the cleaner versions.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

So soon we will find you on the Orion SDK​ Forum more frequently?

0 Kudos