This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Backup report for specific devices

I am looking for an option where i can select specific devices in the backup report. I tried to create but i didn't found any option to filter that. Basically we have few switches for which we want backup report to be generated daily or weekly basis So that we can schedule the same report on our email group. but i have not seen any option in NCM which will do filtering for specific devices.

You can take the example report which comes by default with NCM named as "Backup status of running config". Here by default all devices comes with their backup status. Now I would like to create similar report but only for specific devices. I am not expert in scripting ,so any suggestion would definitely appreciable.

Thanks in advance.

Rana

Do you have a default property or custom property that you can use in the new report? You can add a "WHERE" clause at the end of the report to select those devices you want to see.

Something like:

WHERE (mySwitch LIKE 'Core') AND (mySwitch NOT LIKE 'Access')

"mySwitch" would be an example of a custom property and "Core" and "Access" are the property values. There are different ways to do this, this is just one example similar to what I use in my reports.

D

• Thanks Devert for your reply, Below are sql statement with the default report. Let me know how to add this with the current sql statement.

Default code for backup report in the NCM:

SELECT OrionNodes.Caption, OrionNodes.DetailsUrl, OrionNodes.Status, OrionNodes.ChildStatus, OrionNodes.Vendor, OrionVendors.Icon, OrionNodes.IP_Address, OrionNodes.IPAddressType,OrionNodes.MachineType, NcmConfigArchive.DownloadTime   FROM NCM.NodeProperties AS NcmNodeProperties   INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes AS OrionNodes ON NcmNodeProperties.CoreNodeID=OrionNodes.NodeID  INNER JOIN Orion.Vendors AS OrionVendors ON OrionNodes.Vendor=OrionVendors.Name  LEFT JOIN NCM.ConfigArchive AS NcmConfigArchive ON NcmNodeProperties.NodeID=NcmConfigArchive.NodeID AND NcmConfigArchive.ConfigType='Running'

So i have custom property given below in the where clause. Can you suggest how to use this in the code or do we have any separate code for such reports. I just want san switches report that's it.

where (Test_view LIKE 'san') AND (Test_view NOT LIKE 'switch')

• Try this:

SELECT
        OrionNodes.Caption,
        OrionNodes.DetailsUrl,
        OrionNodes.Status,
        OrionNodes.ChildStatus,
        OrionNodes.Vendor,
        OrionVendors.Icon,
        OrionNodes.IP_Address,
        OrionNodes.IPAddressType,
        OrionNodes.MachineType,
        NcmConfigArchive.DownloadTime

FROM NCM.NodeProperties AS NcmNodeProperties
        INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes AS OrionNodes ON NcmNodeProperties.CoreNodeID=OrionNodes.NodeID
        INNER JOIN Orion.Vendors AS OrionVendors ON OrionNodes.Vendor=OrionVendors.Name
        LEFT JOIN NCM.ConfigArchive AS NcmConfigArchive ON NcmNodeProperties.NodeID=NcmConfigArchive.NodeID AND NcmConfigArchive.ConfigType='Running'

WHERE (Test_view LIKE 'san') AND (Test_view NOT LIKE 'switch')