This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Multiple issues/error with NCM

Hey folks,

I already have a support ticket open, but we haven't made much progress yet and was hoping I'd have some luck here.  To try and make a long story short, I'm having multiple problems out of NCM since the eval ended and we purchased the permanent key.  I don't think that in and of itself is the problem (but who knows - maybe it is), but here's a quick timeline:

1. Started evaluation late May/early June
  2. Everything worked FLAWLESSLY with the product – absolutely no complaints, issues, errors, etc.
  3. Evaluation expired 30 days later
  4. Had some problems out of NPM on 8/5 and realized there was a hotfix available, so I applied that.
  5. Purchased and applied permanent NCM key on 8/15
  6. Have had problems since

The first problem I noticed was "jobs" were no longer working. Here's the exact error in case you're interested:

ERROR: Startup config: There was no endpoint listening at net.pipe://localhost/orion/dpe/businesslayer that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.

I opened a support case and the agent had me enable the LegacyTransferJobCollectorProcessing under Advanced Configuration.  If I disable this option, the jobs fail again.  To me, this seems more like a bandaid than a fix, but I moved on.

I then noticed that the inventory function was not working, and the agent suggested I open another ticket for that (although I'm now convinced all of these problems are related somehow).  I'm currently working with another agent on this but as mentioned above, haven't had any breakthroughs.  I have upgraded to the most recent version (the one from August), repaired services, rebooted the server and even completely uninstalled and reinstalled the NCM module.

I just submitted a new batch of diagnostic logs to the agent, but does anyone else have any ideas?  Anyone ran into this before?  Attached are some screenshots of some of the errors we're seeing.

Let me know if there's any additional info that might be useful. Thanks!

mitch

attachments.zip