cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 18

Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

As a part of the effort to make the EoL/EoS feature (available with NCM 7.2) as useful as possible, we would like to ask you to report any devices where our data is missing, incorrect, or the suggestions are misleading. We will do our best to incorporate your feedback into NCM.

Note: If applicable please provide the EoL/EoS in the following form:

Device Type, System description, end-of-sale date, end-of-support date, Vendor EOL statement URL

Thanks,

Jiri

96 Replies
Level 10

Cisco 2911/K9 is pretty egregiously incorrect. 

Out of 311 of these routers in our system, 8 were assigned EOSupport 10/31/2016, EOSales 11/01/2011, OESWMaint 10/31/2014.  No idea where it pulled those dates.

Two were matched to completely different devices:

Cisco2911K9 EOL.png

The actual EOSupport is 12/31/2022: End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers - Cis...

If the feature can't be trusted to provide good data, it's no faster than compiling it by hand.

0 Kudos
Level 11

Does this feature lookup Server OS and/or DB version EOL Dates.

Windows

AIX

Oracle

SQL

etc.

0 Kudos

It currently is constrained to Cisco devices.

Level 8

Why isnt solarwinds Pulling this information similar to security reports

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 3560-C Series Switches - Cisco

All web feeds are below it would be great if that could be automated as well...

http://www.cisco.com/web/feeds/products/end_of_life_rss.xml.

Would you want NCM to pull all of the information off that page or are some parts more useful than others?

0 Kudos

I created something for a customer which pulls serialnumbers for devices (Cisco only) from the Solarwinds NCM database and check their EoX-Dates against the Cisco EoX API Cisco DevNet: APIs, SDKs, Sandbox, and Community for Cisco Developers

Then the EoX-Dates gets assigned to the specific devices via custom properties, which are also used within the NCM End-of-Life Website. Its fully automatic and i think you will get the most precise values for each device.

Would be great if that would be available out-of-the-box!

Best Regards

Rene

Level 7

Running NCM 7.7 and its reporting our Juniper EX4200s incorrectly.

The EOS link is referring to a EOL for EX4200-48P and EX4200-24P.......but all of our devices are EX4200-48px or EX4200-24px.   The PX is NOT EOL and it seems like this should be a very simple fix for the SWINDs team to address.

Maybe its best to pull the OID information for the detailed model verses the general "machine type".    May i suggest looking at the virtual chassis and using the "memberModel" to get the correct device type for Juniper devices?

On a complete different note.....This EOL is complete incomplete.   The EX4200s was the only thing NCM even reported back on and I know there are a few LAB cisco devices that are 100% EOL/EOS but NCM does not report back.

In my view, this EOL/EOS is a premature release and it looks to have been taking years to correct.   

scottc98  wrote:

Running NCM 7.7 and its reporting our Juniper EX4200s incorrectly.

The EOS link is referring to a EOL for EX4200-48P and EX4200-24P.......but all of our devices are EX4200-48px or EX4200-24px.   The PX is NOT EOL and it seems like this should be a very simple fix for the SWINDs team to address.

Maybe its best to pull the OID information for the detailed model verses the general "machine type".    May i suggest looking at the virtual chassis and using the "memberModel" to get the correct device type for Juniper devices?

On a complete different note.....This EOL is complete incomplete.   The EX4200s was the only thing NCM even reported back on and I know there are a few LAB cisco devices that are 100% EOL/EOS but NCM does not report back.

In my view, this EOL/EOS is a premature release and it looks to have been taking years to correct.   

Agreed.  It's very promising but, requires way too much manual intervention to be useful.

Josh - what would make this a more usable feature from your viewpoint?

0 Kudos
Level 9

Seems like 2960-+/2960x reporting suggested dates and some instance reports already EOL.

0 Kudos

Where is the EOL data pulled from?  Is it manually loaded into the DB or is it a regular pull down from a online location?  It would be really useful if this data were drawn down from vendor sources.

0 Kudos

EOL/EOS data is updated with releases of NCM.  The last release NCM 7.5 included an updated database for EoL/EoS.

Jeff

0 Kudos

Running NCM 7.5.1 - EOL/EOS database is still woefully incorrect.  Many, MANY Cisco items missing, or cannot be determined by the NCM algorithm.  A simple 2911 router cannot be identified.  How can we get this fixed?

Thanks.

Level 16

I'm sorry, but the matching algorithm is so far off in NCM7.3.1 as to render this a useless exercise.

Firstly, I have:

pastedImage_1.png

seems like there is a lot of data missing from your database as several thousand of these devices are in EOS

Next, if I go into the (few) nodes with matching data I get matches like this:

pastedImage_0.png

While I can see this is a 'low quality' match, I can't filter that quality at the top level, so I have to go into each machine type and see that in reality I have zero matches.

also, apart from this being a cisco device there's nothing here anywhere near close to matching a ASR-920 router.

Finally, it's not pulling in the part number or OS version for Juniper devices (these are published in the standard MIB locations for such things]

You should notice improvement in NCM 7.4.x -- matching is primarily done according to part numbers and the low-reliability suggestions are no longer shown.

Jiri

we upgraded to NCM7.4, and I'm not seeing any difference in the display (at all); NCM7.5 will probably happen next month

I don't feel like 7.5 has improved this a whole lot. I'd like a way for us to import the data instead of basically manually filling in the blanks. If it's only updated with every new version of NCM, this is always going to be behind.

Level 9

We appreciate all that you guys are doing regarding this matter. The only EOL/EOS I know of is our Cisco routers. Keep up all the good work.

0 Kudos
Level 11

Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 3560 8-Port and 12-Port Switches

WS-C2960G-8TC-L, Cisco Catalyst 2960-G8TC, July 29, 2013, July 31, 2018, End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 3560 8-Port and 12-Port Swi...

0 Kudos

I have noticed that the devices that are showing up without the right EOL/EOS are using the "Node Details"  in one case the machine type is "Cisco Catalyst 29xxStack" but the panel "Hardware details"  has the same device "model" as "WS-C2960S-48LPS-L" - I am sure that is more likely to find an EoL/EoS date than the generic 29xx stack. Can the model be used instead of the machine type?

I concur we need a "No EoS/EoL yet" selection.

thanks.

0 Kudos