cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpetkevich
Level 12

Re: Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

Josh - what would make this a more usable feature from your viewpoint?

0 Kudos
jpetkevich
Level 12

Would you want NCM to pull all of the information off that page or are some parts more useful than others?

0 Kudos
bman6074
Level 11

Does this feature lookup Server OS and/or DB version EOL Dates.

Windows

AIX

Oracle

SQL

etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jpetkevich
Level 12

It currently is constrained to Cisco devices.

rfroembgen
Level 11

I created something for a customer which pulls serialnumbers for devices (Cisco only) from the Solarwinds NCM database and check their EoX-Dates against the Cisco EoX API Cisco DevNet: APIs, SDKs, Sandbox, and Community for Cisco Developers

Then the EoX-Dates gets assigned to the specific devices via custom properties, which are also used within the NCM End-of-Life Website. Its fully automatic and i think you will get the most precise values for each device.

Would be great if that would be available out-of-the-box!

Best Regards

Rene

usuee
Level 9

We are the same way.  EoL and EoS are not useful.  EoSWM is the date to use. 

What I have found most of the time is that these dates all depends on the software.  If you hit the EoSWM for one version, it just means you need to update to a later version.

0 Kudos
mikesky
Level 9

Cisco 2911/K9 is pretty egregiously incorrect. 

Out of 311 of these routers in our system, 8 were assigned EOSupport 10/31/2016, EOSales 11/01/2011, OESWMaint 10/31/2014.  No idea where it pulled those dates.

Two were matched to completely different devices:

Cisco2911K9 EOL.png

The actual EOSupport is 12/31/2022: End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco 2900 Series Integrated Services Routers - Cis...

If the feature can't be trusted to provide good data, it's no faster than compiling it by hand.

0 Kudos