cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvachovecj
Level 18

Re: Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

You should notice improvement in NCM 7.4.x -- matching is primarily done according to part numbers and the low-reliability suggestions are no longer shown.

Jiri

RichardLetts
Level 16

we upgraded to NCM7.4, and I'm not seeing any difference in the display (at all); NCM7.5 will probably happen next month

Where is the EOL data pulled from?  Is it manually loaded into the DB or is it a regular pull down from a online location?  It would be really useful if this data were drawn down from vendor sources.

0 Kudos
jeff.stewart
Level 15

EOL/EOS data is updated with releases of NCM.  The last release NCM 7.5 included an updated database for EoL/EoS.

Jeff

0 Kudos
designerfx
Level 16

I don't feel like 7.5 has improved this a whole lot. I'd like a way for us to import the data instead of basically manually filling in the blanks. If it's only updated with every new version of NCM, this is always going to be behind.

jlinkowsky
Level 10

Running NCM 7.5.1 - EOL/EOS database is still woefully incorrect.  Many, MANY Cisco items missing, or cannot be determined by the NCM algorithm.  A simple 2911 router cannot be identified.  How can we get this fixed?

Thanks.

srini.burla
Level 9

Seems like 2960-+/2960x reporting suggested dates and some instance reports already EOL.

0 Kudos
scottc98
Level 7

Running NCM 7.7 and its reporting our Juniper EX4200s incorrectly.

The EOS link is referring to a EOL for EX4200-48P and EX4200-24P.......but all of our devices are EX4200-48px or EX4200-24px.   The PX is NOT EOL and it seems like this should be a very simple fix for the SWINDs team to address.

Maybe its best to pull the OID information for the detailed model verses the general "machine type".    May i suggest looking at the virtual chassis and using the "memberModel" to get the correct device type for Juniper devices?

On a complete different note.....This EOL is complete incomplete.   The EX4200s was the only thing NCM even reported back on and I know there are a few LAB cisco devices that are 100% EOL/EOS but NCM does not report back.

In my view, this EOL/EOS is a premature release and it looks to have been taking years to correct.   

josh.haberman
Level 13

scottc98  wrote:

Running NCM 7.7 and its reporting our Juniper EX4200s incorrectly.

The EOS link is referring to a EOL for EX4200-48P and EX4200-24P.......but all of our devices are EX4200-48px or EX4200-24px.   The PX is NOT EOL and it seems like this should be a very simple fix for the SWINDs team to address.

Maybe its best to pull the OID information for the detailed model verses the general "machine type".    May i suggest looking at the virtual chassis and using the "memberModel" to get the correct device type for Juniper devices?

On a complete different note.....This EOL is complete incomplete.   The EX4200s was the only thing NCM even reported back on and I know there are a few LAB cisco devices that are 100% EOL/EOS but NCM does not report back.

In my view, this EOL/EOS is a premature release and it looks to have been taking years to correct.   

Agreed.  It's very promising but, requires way too much manual intervention to be useful.

Highlighted
alex_sch
Level 8

Why isnt solarwinds Pulling this information similar to security reports

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 3560-C Series Switches - Cisco

All web feeds are below it would be great if that could be automated as well...

http://www.cisco.com/web/feeds/products/end_of_life_rss.xml.

0 Kudos