cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erkbaez
Level 7

Re: Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

This model is missing

Cisco 1841, Integrated Services Router, November 1, 2011, October 31, 2016 End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco 1841 Integrated Services Router  [Cisco 1800 ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
erkbaez
Level 7

Missing device of EOL/EOS

Cisco 2612, Multiservice Access Router Platform, July 24, 2006, July 24, 2011, EoS/EoL for the Cisco 2612 Multiservice Access Router Platform  [Cisco 2600 Series Multiservice Plat...

0 Kudos
schnarked
Level 9

Likewise - this is a great concept, version 0.1 of functionality, however its not currently useful for us as it can't:

- Identify variances within the 37xx type (we have hundreds of stacks

- Identify the individual switches in the stack

- Identify the sub-cards within the equipment

Please impliment these capabilities ASAP (already voted this up), as its kinda not hugely useful, today as it stands

Alternatively, let us create our own groups that show up in NCM that can query the actual device type (not just 37xx, but ) and leverage the info from the 3750 Stack - Physical Entity information. At least that way we can then apply things in the interim.

jmiddleton
Level 11

Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 3560 8-Port and 12-Port Switches

WS-C2960G-8TC-L, Cisco Catalyst 2960-G8TC, July 29, 2013, July 31, 2018, End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 2960 and 3560 8-Port and 12-Port Swi...

0 Kudos
jpammant
Level 7

I have noticed that the devices that are showing up without the right EOL/EOS are using the "Node Details"  in one case the machine type is "Cisco Catalyst 29xxStack" but the panel "Hardware details"  has the same device "model" as "WS-C2960S-48LPS-L" - I am sure that is more likely to find an EoL/EoS date than the generic 29xx stack. Can the model be used instead of the machine type?

I concur we need a "No EoS/EoL yet" selection.

thanks.

0 Kudos
extrands
Level 11

Hi Jiri,

6 month bump.  Any details you can disclose?

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi,

Improving EoL/EoS feature is one of the goals of the upcoming release: What We Are Working On For NCM After 7.2.

A substantial improvement will come with the Release Candidate.

Stay tuned for a couple of more days.

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi jpammant

Improving EoL/EoS feature is one of the goals of the upcoming release: What We Are Working On For NCM After 7.2.

A substantial improvement will come with the Release Candidate.

Stay tuned for a few more days.

Jiri

Dawg
Level 9

We appreciate all that you guys are doing regarding this matter. The only EOL/EOS I know of is our Cisco routers. Keep up all the good work.

0 Kudos
RichardLetts
Level 16

I'm sorry, but the matching algorithm is so far off in NCM7.3.1 as to render this a useless exercise.

Firstly, I have:

pastedImage_1.png

seems like there is a lot of data missing from your database as several thousand of these devices are in EOS

Next, if I go into the (few) nodes with matching data I get matches like this:

pastedImage_0.png

While I can see this is a 'low quality' match, I can't filter that quality at the top level, so I have to go into each machine type and see that in reality I have zero matches.

also, apart from this being a cisco device there's nothing here anywhere near close to matching a ASR-920 router.

Finally, it's not pulling in the part number or OS version for Juniper devices (these are published in the standard MIB locations for such things]