Dawg
Level 9

Re: Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

Ditto on our end...

0 Kudos
Dawg
Level 9

Why do we continully have to add the dates? It should be in the product, not "more" manual labor on our parts...

0 Kudos
extrands
Level 11

I have to agree with Dawg.  Jiri, once this was added to Orion, we have a level of expectation that it will provide, for supported vendor lines, meaningful EOS/EOL information. In its current form, it doesn't rise to that level.  It's a good start, but its way behind where it needs to be to be a product we are paying for.

0 Kudos
bspencer63
Level 12

Device Type,                          System description,                                                                                                                              end-of-sale date,      end-of-support date,   

Dell Equallogic PS500E Disk Array      up to 16 x 3.5" disks in a 3U chassis, 3x1GbaseT and 3 Gbe Ports per Controller                             End of 2014              Estimated 2021

Dell PowerConnect 6248P, 48 GbE Ports, Managed Switch, POE, 10GbE and Stacking Capable,                                                               Unknown                   7 years after vendor drops support

Dell PowerConnect 6224F, 24 GbE Ports, Managed Switch, 10GbE and Stackg Capable,                                                                           Unknown                   7 years after vendor drops support

Vendor EOL statement URL

http://www.com-com.co.uk/maintenance/dell-end-of-life-eol-product-support-list.ihtml

0 Kudos
_stump
Level 12

Just a general observation - When looking up information for devices that are not EoL, it's a little confusing when the dates are shown as "NA." I'd think that it would be clearer if, instead of NA for non-EoL devices, the response was "Active" or "No Date Announced." Maybe I'm just being picky, though.

Great tool! I wish it had more than just network gear. Can you add Dell servers and EMC hardware to that list?

mike

0 Kudos
jeffnorton
Level 13

So far I have found that none of the suggested dates for Cisco 37xx actually matches any thing we have.  I think the primary reason for this is that Cisco has about 50 different versions of this line of switches.  I had to manually go into NCM and pull a report that list the part number and then sort that by part #, then manually look up the eol for the part number.  Once that was done I had to go back in to the NCM EOL page and enter the dates.  We have 450 37xx switches of varying part numbers.  Took me 2 weeks of torture.  I guess what I'm saying is that the current EOL tries to categorize at too high a level.  It's got to be categorized at the Cisco Part number which is accessible via SNMP. 

cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi ,

I agree that matching based on Part number is one of the good possible enhancements.

Regards,

Jiri

cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi and ,

We hear you and definitely want to improve this feature. I will disclose more details as soon as I can.

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
Radioteacher
Level 14

Jiri,

Part numbers would be fine but then the problem would be how does NCM covert part numbers to usable EoL/EoS dates.  Plus, for me the most important date End of Software Maintenance.

Cisco makes EoL data look ups a real pain.  Google and Bing can find the data faster then Cisco's site. 

I will say that this is a great first effort and look forward to future enhancements. 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos