cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvachovecj
Level 18

Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

As a part of the effort to make the EoL/EoS feature (available with NCM 7.2) as useful as possible, we would like to ask you to report any devices where our data is missing, incorrect, or the suggestions are misleading. We will do our best to incorporate your feedback into NCM.

Note: If applicable please provide the EoL/EoS in the following form:

Device Type, System description, end-of-sale date, end-of-support date, Vendor EOL statement URL

Thanks,

Jiri

96 Replies
Highlighted
jmiddleton
Level 11

Re: Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

Where would you like to report this information? Being able to submit this information via the NCM interface in an semi-automated fashion would be very nice.

We have many Cisco ASA's and it seems to only be reporting suggested dates for other Cisco devices (2 Catalyst switches and a NAS device), for these devices the matching on device type seems a little hit and miss. Would it be possible to add system ID to the matching mix? Also on the Cisco ASA's the system description seems to be more OS information than hardware information as shown in the below information (OS reversions redacted):

It would be very nice if NCM offered something like the newly added inventory and asset information in SAM with along with sub-views by default would be an nice addition.

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi,

Thank you very much for the information. We definitely plan to introduce crowd-sourcing for missing EoL data.

System OID is the ideal matching information we would love to have. Unfortunately, vendors do not publish their EoL announcement with this info. That's the root cause of all difficulties with EoL/EoS.

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
jmiddleton
Level 11

There is always that manual element, it would be possible to crowd source the linking of OIDs to model numbers, it's already done in part with the machine type. However this often does not include the model number. In the announcements Cisco at least do include the full model number, so matching it together should be easy.

0 Kudos
smithian
Level 8

One big problem with the current implementation of EOL in our environment is the reporting of switch stacks.  You want to be able to configure switch stacks as one element - that's why you stack them.  But EOL needs to be on the individual stack members which may have different EOL dates. (for instance, Cisco 3570-X and 3570-E switches can stack together, be presented in NCM as one unit, but have different EOL dates)

Please consider breaking out the EOL dates for switch stacks down to the stack member level.

That said the EoL/EoS info in NCM for the 37xx switch stacks pulls up the ancient 3700 series router as the suggestion.  Here is the correct info for 3750-G, 3560-G, 3750-E, and 3560-E switches:

Cisco Catalyst 3750G, 3560G, 3750-E, and 3560-E Series Switches; January 30, 2013; January 31, 2018; End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Catalyst 3750G, 3560G, 3750-E, and 3560-E Ser...

mezdem
Level 12

I agree, i am doing so much work on EOL/EOS for the last year all my data is from the Physical Entities (inventory) table/s. This really needs to be considered and is really key for the future.

Please see myu post here:

0 Kudos
cvachovecj
Level 18

Hi,

Thank you for the data.

Can you please create a voting idea regarding the stacks?

Regards,

Jiri

0 Kudos
smithian
Level 8

agree with it would be great if NCM told you what the new hottness was coming out after your has ran its course.

0 Kudos
kurtrh
Level 13

I did not see the following in there, but my eyes may have been playing tricks on me.

Cisco Nexus Supervisor Module 1  August 15, 2014, August 31, 2019    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps9441/ps9402/end_of_life_notice_c51-729282.html  

0 Kudos