This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Missing entries in Orion NCM Scheduled Jobs list

Hello.

We have a series of Orion NCM jobs that are running quite happily as Windows Scheduled Tasks every week.  Previously these jobs were displayed in the "Scheduled Jobs" list in Orion NCM.  However at some stage (don't know when) these jobs are no longer shown in the list.

The ".ConfigMgmtJob" job files are still located in the "...Solarwinds\Configuration Management\Jobs" directory and are being executed happily when we want them to, but they are not shown in the list of Scheduled Jobs.  We would like to change the configuration of some of the jobs that are not in the list.  We could manually change the ".ConfigMgmtJob" file, but we would much more prefer to use the GUI so that we don't make any typos.

We are running "SolarWinds Orion Network Configuration Manager 5.5.2".  I see there were a few issues with earlier versions of NCM (4.0.1 and 5.0).  Has anyone had this issue with this version?  Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Cheers,

... Simon

• Hi Simon - I believe you opened a support ticket on this one - and the culprit was found to be a "-" in the job name. We have found that to be a bug - that when a "-" appears on the job name - the job will still run, however, it will disappear from the jobs list. We're working on a KB article for this right now. 

--Christine

• Thanks for the response.  Is there anything that can be done in the short term to return the jobs back to the list?  I have tried changing the contents of a ".ConfigMgmtJob" file where the hypens (-) are replaced by equals (=) but this does not appear to allow these jobs to be added to the list.

• Hi Simon - I talked to Support and they were saying not to use a special character in the job name. Could you try that and see if it fixes the issue? 

--Christine

• Hello Christine...

Success.  If I only have spaces and alphanumeric characters in the job name then the jobs are correctly displayed in the job list.  Interestingly the job has a status of Disabled, so I needed to manually enable to job.

Note when any change is made to the job name in the ".ConfigMgmtJob" a new job entry is added by Orion NCM to the list of Scheduled Tasks in Windows.  The scheduled task job with the previous job name (with the special character) has to be removed manually from the list of Scheduled Tasks.

Thanks for the tips.

Cheers,

... Simon

• Thanks Simon - and thanks for the heads up about the Windows Scheduled Tasks!

--Christine

• Hi Christine,

I seem to have just encountered a very similar issue when I upgraded to NPM 12.0.1 and NCM 7.5.1

Just wondering if there ever was a KB published for this issue?