This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Looking to change @ContextNode.OS_Description to @ContextNode."Node Group"

I'm looking for a way to alter a script that a previous employee created, that build the list of commands based on what OS the device has.

We have a custom field in the NCM section of the device properties called OS_Description.  However, it will make much more sense to filter based on what "Node Group" a device is in.  Is there a library of options or a better way to make change?

I attached the script, since I can't seem to paste into this page.

• I would recommend you utilise core Orion Custom Properties, rather than the NCM Node Group field, which I would not be surprised was removed eventually.

The following is an excerpt from another post on the use of Custom Properties within Config Templates, which should point you in the right direction.

CUSTOM PROPERTIES WITHIN TEMPLATES

Custom properties are tied with nodes, and therefore can be referenced via the node parameter:

script BaseChangeTemplate (NCM.Nodes @ContextNode)
    {
      CLI
      {
        show @ContextNode.MyCustomProperty
      }
    }

Assuming we have created and filled in the AssetTag custom property for our devices, we can make use of e.g. it in the following way to change access lists:

script ChangeAccessList (NCM.Nodes @ContextNode)
    {
      string @myip = '10.10.'
      @myip = @myip + @ContextNode.AssetTag        
    here we make the asset tag part of the IP address
      @myip = @myip + '.32'                        
    finish building IP
      CLI                                          
    commands within a CLI block are sent to the device
      {
        configure terminal
        no access-list 112
        access-list 112 remark This is a test
        access-list 112 permit tcp @myip 0.0.0.31 host 123.234.123.234 eq 445      
    include the IP with asset tag info in the access list
      }
    }