cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post

Just upgraded to 2019.4, now NCM on APE's no longer works

Jump to solution

Since upgrading everything to 2019.4, NCM on the APE's no longer works. I can't download any config and subsequently RTCD no longer works. It still works fine on nodes that are on the main poller.

Before I log a ticket, has anyone else experienced this?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

So the windows updates made no difference at all. They ended up rebuilding both APE's from scratch and now NCM works.

But it seems that RTCD is now configured differently. It looks like the APE's themselves now try and send the email rather than the main polling engine. The APE's were trying to use a really old DNS smtp entry which no longer existed. Once I fixed that up, RTCD started working again from the APE's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

So the windows updates made no difference at all. They ended up rebuilding both APE's from scratch and now NCM works.

But it seems that RTCD is now configured differently. It looks like the APE's themselves now try and send the email rather than the main polling engine. The APE's were trying to use a really old DNS smtp entry which no longer existed. Once I fixed that up, RTCD started working again from the APE's.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Level 16

Hi superfly99

Could you fix it?

any help from support?

0 Kudos

They've had 4 go's at it with the last one being a full reinstallation of 1 of the APE's. Since then, this APE has been down. They now think it's due to the windows security updates being different between main poller and APE. So I'm in the process of updating the APE.

0 Kudos

Hi sja

I only posted this message yesterday just before I went home for the day. Have you got the same issue?

I logged ticket #00424873 just now for the issue. I logged it as a system down so hopefully I'll hear something back soon.

0 Kudos

No I did only 1 2019.4 without APE.

0 Kudos