This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Issues with cisco NCM Smart Advisor Connector (Reports not completing due to incomplete XML)

Hi All,

I'm having problems with the NCM connector for Smart Advisor.  The tool is collecting outputs and putting them into C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\NCMSAConnector\Data

However when the XML is then being uploaded to Cisco who are reporting that the XML files are corrupt (not all and it's hit and miss on how many are processed)

I have 3775 devices that I am trying to upload (I'm not sure if this makes a difference)

Having had a look at the XML files the NCMSA app produces it runs the following commands:

show run - This is run as one group of commands and is stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\NCMSAConnector\Data\CFG

The below are run and stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\NCMSAConnector\Data\CLI\

show version

show diag

show Inventory

show hardware

show c7200

show gsr chassis-info

show chassis eeprom

show inventory all

show diag chassis

show rsp chassis-info

show module

show IDPROM all

When NCMSA thinks it's completed the upload it seems to remove the above files.

I have a copy of the CFG and CLI directories also as i'm debating writing a python script to extract the data myself to provide Cisco with a manual upload of the data.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.