cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Issues with Scheduler, Admin rights

Jump to solution

All,

Today I worked through a DR plan in my environment which required running the configuration wizard to point NCM and NPM at a mirror SQL instance. 

Went well both ways, but after moving back to the primary cluster, I am now running into and issue within the NCM stand-alone console with regard to the job scheduler.  I am receiving a message stating:

You must be logged into Windows using an account with administrator rights in order to view and modify scheduled jobs

My account has admin rights etc.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Level 9

I'm not sure what was going on here, but I ran the NCM configuration wizard a couple more times and the issue went away.

One additional thing that I have been trying to get working is using a domain based service account to run scheduled reports/actions.  I kept running into an error saying that I needed to check my credentials as either the login or password was incorrect.

After some deeper digging, I identified this is an issue with the way the wizards work and a conflict with a local security policy being forced by GPO.  More info can be found here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/agileer/archive/2010/08/31/task-scheduler-a-specified-logon-session-does-not...

You can get around this though.  You can run through the wizard like usual and leave your windows credentials in the security tab so it doesn't error out.  Then find your job in the Windows Task Scheduler Task Libary and make the account changes there.  You have to select Run the Job when logged in or not and select do not store credentials as only local resources are used.  This has worked for me so far until the GPO can be changed, if that will even happen.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Level 9

I'm not sure what was going on here, but I ran the NCM configuration wizard a couple more times and the issue went away.

One additional thing that I have been trying to get working is using a domain based service account to run scheduled reports/actions.  I kept running into an error saying that I needed to check my credentials as either the login or password was incorrect.

After some deeper digging, I identified this is an issue with the way the wizards work and a conflict with a local security policy being forced by GPO.  More info can be found here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/agileer/archive/2010/08/31/task-scheduler-a-specified-logon-session-does-not...

You can get around this though.  You can run through the wizard like usual and leave your windows credentials in the security tab so it doesn't error out.  Then find your job in the Windows Task Scheduler Task Libary and make the account changes there.  You have to select Run the Job when logged in or not and select do not store credentials as only local resources are used.  This has worked for me so far until the GPO can be changed, if that will even happen.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for coming back with an update!  

DH

0 Kudos