This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Inventory report for Meraki devices

Anyone been able to get inventory info from Meraki devices?  I don't see the serial number of the device in the node details. I made a copy of the Physical entities report and the device to Meraki, i got a blank report.

SELECT OrionNodes.Caption, OrionNodes.DetailsUrl, OrionNodes.Status, OrionNodes.ChildStatus, NcmEntityPhysical.EntityName, OrionNodes.IP_Address, NcmEntityPhysical.EntityDescription, NcmEntityPhysical.Serial, NcmEntityPhysical.Manufacturer, NcmEntityPhysical.Model, NcmNodeProperties.NodeComments, OrionNodes.SysName, OrionNodes.NodeDescription, OrionNodes.Location, OrionNodes.Contact, OrionNodes.MachineType, OrionNodes.LastBoot, OrionNodes.IOSVersion

FROM NCM.NodeProperties AS NcmNodeProperties

INNER JOIN Orion.Nodes AS OrionNodes ON NcmNodeProperties.CoreNodeID=OrionNodes.NodeID

LEFT JOIN NCM.EntityPhysical AS NcmEntityPhysical ON NcmEntityPhysical.NodeID=NcmNodeProperties.NodeID AND NcmEntityPhysical.EntityClass=3

WHERE OrionNodes.Vendor='Meraki'

• I'm sure by now you've realized this information is not available via SNMP, it is only available via the Meraki API and dashboard. If you have SAM, you can use the Meraki API to pull that data. Meraki is adding functionality, but it will take time after the addition for Solarwinds to develop that functionality into the product and pull it natively.

If you have SAM, use this link to create your API poller:

searching for device serial numbers - The Meraki Community

D

• Instead of the filter having just Meraki try

WHERE OrionNodes.Vendor Like '%Meraki%'

That being said, you will get a report, but most likely the information you're looking for is not there because Meraki API doesn't give that to solarwinds I think.

• Probably worth pointing out that the meraki integration was specifically for meraki wifi and hasn't been expanded to cover all their other product lines.

Also the meraki API has been a very fast moving target over the last year so they've done a lot on their end to expand it.  Still doesn't expose everything you might hope for but it's getting there.   With that in mind I can understand why SW seems to be waiting for Meraki to get things a bit more finalized on their end before trying to expand the capabilities of the integration.

• This makes sense and I figured it was the case.

Our use case in particular is related to the wireless access points usage (number of connected users) report. It doesn't have the access point model which in the end makes the report a bit useless for us as some AP models that we have support 50 connected users and others 100 and ,without having visibility of the model, the value shown in the report is hard to figure if it's high or low.

CHeers