This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface Status Report

All,

We're trying to create a report that will display all interfaces that have not been active for a certain period of time, say 30 days.

Ideally we'd like to schedule something on a montly basis that inventories everything and spits out a report saying these ports on these switches haven't been used so we know what can be reused..

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

-Steve
  • Steve

I've been looking at this problem as well but as yet can't find the solution, I've asked Solarwinds support if you can create a report based on the last time data seen on a port which is part of the inventory but at the moment you can't.

This would be the perfect solution for us, it seems odd that you can't report on some parts of the intventory while other you can.

Jon

IT Infrastructure Manager
    Pilgrim Hospital
    UK
  • FormerMember
    0 FormerMember
    I don't see how this can be done with Cirrus, but it's easy with Orion Network Performance Monitor's custom reports.

• Well, it seems that you're not able to select a few needed options when creating the report so it's kinda there..

As far as doing it in Orion we only monitor needed interfaces like uplinks on switches, not every port on the switch...

Cirrus should have the info to do it, just seems like the report creater is a little lacking..

-Steve