This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Indexing In Progress... 0%

Hey guys

Having a weird issue with NCM anytime i try and search something it just comes up with a box that says "Indexing In Progress...0%" and its been like that for a while now any ideas?

• Yes, its indexing...   emoticons_laugh.pngemoticons_devil.png

If you go into your Settings, then NCM Settings and then Search Settings, you will see a page that deals with the search settings.   About halfway down this page, you will see "Indexing Status" and the status of it reindexing your configs to be able to search them.   This should typically take a bit of time to do, but not hours or anything.  

You can try clicking "Apply" to see if forcing a reindex might help.   If that didn't work for me, I'd try restarting all the services with Orion Service Manager and then trying it again...

If that doesn't work, open a support case.

• My search is stuck indexing as well.  

Indexing Status: Indexing in progress... 11% Complete

NCM Settings: Search :

Enter a path for the index catalog on main NCM server:

C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Cirrus\Lucene

What is that ?  This directory doesn't exist.

Where are the Cisco configs stored?

• I found the path to the configs, but I cannot edit the NCM Settings: Search

getting:

* The path can not be edited until the indexing has finished

• So insightful, thanks but its been like that for days now and i've already bounced services now that we got the basic functions of IT down anything else ? I come here before i open a support case to see if anyone has run into it before and knows the fix rather than bothering an already busy support.

• Mine got stuck as well (had otherwise been working fine, but I wanted to force a re-index).

I ended up choosing Disable Search, then submit, then Enable search, then submit, then re-starting services.

This fired it back into life.

• I have same issue i stopped the service but issue still there, Even i completed the configuration wizard but not luck to resolve the issue,

Is there any way we can fix the ncm indexing issue?.

thanks

K

• aLTeReGoIndexing In Progress... 0%

Hi,

I have same issue i stopped the service but issue still there, Even i completed the configuration wizard but not luck to resolve the issue,

Is there any way we can fix the ncm indexing issue?.

thanks

• I had a long support case about this. If you start an index and any device has more than 30 configs, it errors and won't complete the index:

NcmBusinessLayerPlugin.log:2017-06-29 19:31:21,670 [11] WARN SolarWinds.NCM.FTS.Search.FirstTimeIndexer - NCMSearch: InternalIndexing: Detected big number of configs for node. ConfigsCount:62 NodeID:XXXXXX

This to me, is a horrendous bug!

They said this would be addressed in a future release by only indexing the most recent 30 configs of any one device.

The only workaround is to run a regular purge to get rid of all but the most recent 30 configs. We did this and got the index completed. After that, I think there is some leeway and it will index new configs, but know that you can't re-index or move the index (not sure what else triggers this) without it failing.

• thanks - that sound like cause of issue.

Going to upgrade the environment might be can help us to finish the index.

• Hello Krishna,

Did you ever get your issue resolved?  I am also having same issue.  What was the fix? 

Thanks

Zak