Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Import Thwack Community Pollers - name/password incorrect

NPM 12.2

All settings --> Manage Pollers

This area allows you to manage pollers on your installation.   There is a separate tab that allows you to IMPORT Thwack Community pollers into your system.   When I choose a poller to import, it prompts me for my Thwack username and password, which I provide (correctly).   Then it just tells me that my username and password are incorrect.   Do I need to have some sort of special access to import these community pollers?  The same username and password allowed me access to the Thwack forums (obviously) so what am I doing wrong?

thwack.jpg

97 Replies

Sorry to hear you're still getting the same issue. wabbott​ who's best to help these people out?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! We're looking into what's causing this issue.

Some info - we only have NPM 12.2 installed, and we're runnning it in https mode with a self-signed certificate.   Don't know if that has anything to do with it but more information is better than less.

0 Kudos

Thanks.  We can always Google the XML file and download it from the website, so this isn't anything close to a showstopper.  A nice-to-have feature is misbehaving, that's all.

If it helps, our poller / NPM site are both on the same Windows 2016 server.

0 Kudos

Hi cs99772​,

Has this ever worked for you on this instance?

It seems to be unique to your instance so I'd recommend contacting SolarWinds directly to investigate and resolve the issue.

If you want to proceed with testing further here, we can create a Thwack account, get it approved and test it on both sides to confirm whether the same account fails on a different instance that is known to work, though I reckon this would be a futile way forward as no one else has reported this issue here.

-Midnight

fluffy: It has never worked for me on this instance of solarwinds or on the instance of solarwinds I worked with at a different company a few years back.

It's not unique to my instance, as this thread is evidence of.   I'm not saying that it's unique to my account, I'm saying that other people have solarwinds installations and thwack acccounts and have run into the same problem I have. The problem has never been solved for any of us.  And I have contacted Solarwinds directly and they say it's a Thwack thing and they won't support it.

I've tried three different thwack accounts so far, all have had the same result.  If you think a fourth might make a difference, I'm game.

0 Kudos
Level 13

Sorry bud but I've only ever seen this when I have the wrong username or password.

All I could say is test another account

0 Kudos

Well, my Thwack account is what I'm using when I post here, so obviously I know the username and password.   I suppose I could create another thwack account, wait for it to get approved, then I need to tie it to my NPM license, etc.   I guess I'm just uncertain what creating a new account would do.   I'll wait a few days I guess to see if anyone else has an idea of what is going on.   I'm not even sure if I can create a new thwack account and tie it to the same NPM license since this account would still exist.   It's a potential  box of wrong that I don't want to open - yet.

0 Kudos

On a side note be careful you're not using your display name to log in and use actually user your username. I'm sure you are anyway but I remember I couldn't log in for ages and it turned out I was being stupid and using Grant Allenby as my username, when its only my display name.

0 Kudos

It's a good suggestion, Grant, I appreciate it.  But my display name is Christopher Schroeder, and my actual account name is displayed in the screenshot in the beginning of this thread.  I am using the Thwack account name from the Solarwinds interface.   I'll create another account and see what happens.

0 Kudos

Just tested mine on a platform I'm defiantly not linked too and it works fine

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

You shouldn't need to tie it to download them

In my experience you can use any Thwack account regardless of tie to download Pollers or SAM templates

0 Kudos
Level 9

Bump for assistance...

0 Kudos
Level 9

No ideas anyone?  Surely I'm not the only one to run into this issue

Still need help if anyone has any ideas.

0 Kudos