Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Import Thwack Community Pollers - name/password incorrect

NPM 12.2

All settings --> Manage Pollers

This area allows you to manage pollers on your installation.   There is a separate tab that allows you to IMPORT Thwack Community pollers into your system.   When I choose a poller to import, it prompts me for my Thwack username and password, which I provide (correctly).   Then it just tells me that my username and password are incorrect.   Do I need to have some sort of special access to import these community pollers?  The same username and password allowed me access to the Thwack forums (obviously) so what am I doing wrong?

thwack.jpg

89 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9

Re: Import Thwack Community Pollers - name/password incorrect

No ideas anyone?  Surely I'm not the only one to run into this issue

Still need help if anyone has any ideas.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Bump for assistance...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Sorry bud but I've only ever seen this when I have the wrong username or password.

All I could say is test another account

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Well, my Thwack account is what I'm using when I post here, so obviously I know the username and password.   I suppose I could create another thwack account, wait for it to get approved, then I need to tie it to my NPM license, etc.   I guess I'm just uncertain what creating a new account would do.   I'll wait a few days I guess to see if anyone else has an idea of what is going on.   I'm not even sure if I can create a new thwack account and tie it to the same NPM license since this account would still exist.   It's a potential  box of wrong that I don't want to open - yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

You shouldn't need to tie it to download them

In my experience you can use any Thwack account regardless of tie to download Pollers or SAM templates

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

Just tested mine on a platform I'm defiantly not linked too and it works fine

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 13

On a side note be careful you're not using your display name to log in and use actually user your username. I'm sure you are anyway but I remember I couldn't log in for ages and it turned out I was being stupid and using Grant Allenby as my username, when its only my display name.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

It's a good suggestion, Grant, I appreciate it.  But my display name is Christopher Schroeder, and my actual account name is displayed in the screenshot in the beginning of this thread.  I am using the Thwack account name from the Solarwinds interface.   I'll create another account and see what happens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Having the same problem w/ NPM 12.1.  Created a new account last Friday, tried to sign in to grab a poller, got Invalid username or password.  Just created a new account a moment ago, tried the same thing, got the same error.

I'm using login ID, not display name.

I've tried downloading a different poller, tried testing the device poller instead of download, and still no luck.

My server has Internet access to Solarwinds servers, because I have uploaded diag packages directly from my servers to the ticketing system.

It's too bad this doesn't work, it seems very convenient

thwack.PNG