This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ICMP alert Question

In our environment there are certain PCs we have to monitor for Operating Rooms which are monitored via ICMP. Lately we have been getting notified that they come in the morning and one of them was powered off and they did not get notified from Solarwinds. This has happened to a few different ones just this week with the same results. If anyone has any insight to why this might be happening I would really appreciate it.

• This could possibly be to the alert being triggered in the past and was not cleared.  Check your active alerts, if an alert is active generally is does not re-trigger.  You want to look at re-triggering the alert every X hours.

• I figured out the reason for this issue.

It was simple and not sure how I missed it. There was a change in the "node down" alert and so the "alerts this object can trigger" did not have the SNA Node Down. It was something so simple and yet not because it can be overlooked. I hope if anybody has a similar issue this can help.