This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to upgrad Cisco 1941 router ?

I want to upgrad my Cisco 1941/k9 router with an additional 10/100 WAN Card HWIC-2FE , how can i do for it ?

• sophiawood

goodzhere‌ is a professional NCM Configuration Templates builder specializing in Upgrading Cisco Devices.  He is included here and would be the best resource for any type of upgrading questions.

CourtesyIT

• sophiawood

Do you have NCM to do the upgrade with?

• Hmm...  Maybe I'm interpreting the question differently, but it sounds like they're asking how to actually do install it?  

The process is quite simple, just unplug the router, plug the module into one of the WIC slots, and reboot the router.  If you're IOS is not at least 15.0(1)M, you'll need to upgrade it to at least that.   They would recommend you use the grounding wrist strap that's usually included during installation, but I rarely do, just make sure you discharge any static electricity first.

Once that's done, I believe the interfaces will show up as either fa0/0/0 and fa0/0/1, or fa0/1/0 and fa0/1/1, depending on whether you put the card into slot 0 or 1.

Complete instructions here:

Installing Cisco Interface Cards in Cisco Access Routers - Cisco

You don't really need Solarwinds or NCM to do this, although you can use it to configure the interfaces once you're done.

If this isn't what you're asking about, maybe be more specific in you're question?