This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How to get software version?

How do I populare the Software Version or Software Image fields in node details?

Is it related to the 'Version' command in the config template?

We use a lot of MikroTik devices and these are what we're currently using to test NCM. This is the modified template i've written

<Configuration-Management Device="MIKROTIK" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.14988.1" AutoDetectType="BySystemOid">

<Commands>

<Command Name="RESET" Value="" />

<Command Name="Reboot" Value="/system reboot${CRLF}y" />

<Command Name="RebootAt" Value="" />

<Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="" />

<Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="" />

<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="/export terse${CRLF}" />

<Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="/import${CRLF}" />

<Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="" />

<Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="" />

<Command Name="EraseConfig" Value="" />

<Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="" />

<Command Name="Version" Value=":put ([/system package update get installed-version].([/system package update get channel]))" />

<Command Name="Running" Value="" />

<Command Name="Startup" Value="" />

<Command Name="Test Firewall Config" Value="" />

</Commands>

</Configuration-Management>

The command i've entered in Version should spit out a text value of the firmware version as well as the channel, i.e. "6.44 stable" or "6.27.3 bugfix"

I presume this would populate the Software Version field in NCM but it doesn't, it remains blank and Software Image always says unknown

I need to be able to see firmware version for auditing and then pushing firmware upgrade commands