This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Help Troubleshooting failed backups

I'm having a hard time figuring out why backups fail to certain devices.   I'm looking for guidance on where I can look within solarwinds (NPM 10.6, NCM 7.2) to find additional logging and or info as to why my config backups fail to certain devices.  Thus far my troubleshooting steps are:

Navigate to the Cisco device node in NCM.  Edit the node, then click on test button.  Test is successful.  I then go back into the node details and click on the Download button to start a backup of the specific node that failed in the scheduled job.  Sure enough, the download button works and my config gets downloaded.  So why does it work if I do it manually but fails if I run it within a job?   The only output I get from job details is either 1) Timeout connecting to device, or 2) Connection refused.  (The connection refused message is not possible as I can ssh to the device just fine from the remote poller using putty).  So beyond my troubleshooting steps where else can I look within Solarwinds that would help me figure out why devices are timing out and or reporting connection refused?

Thanks for any help here.

We are running Solarwinds remote pollers for reference.