This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Has anyone integrated the Athena FirePAC into your Orion NCM? Need some advice

FormerMember
FormerMember

We are looking at purchasing the Athena product to help manage ACL's in our firewalls.  The product is able to be integrated into the Orion NCM and we are are looking for advice, guidance in the process.  

1.  The documentation states that it is compliant with SolarWinds Info Service 1.0 (SWIS 1.0) and is not yet compatible with SWIS 2.0.  What do I lose not being able to use SWIS 2.0?

2.  Has any used this product? Have you integrated it into NCM?  words of wisdom? Problems?

I have posed the questions to SW technical support and they have not had a lot of experience with it and recommended turning to THWACK for support/help. 

I am running the latest NCM.

• Hi, we use the Athena FirePAC product along with SolarWinds NCM. Athena recently updated their integration process, and I have to say that it works great! It only takes a couple of minutes to setup, and it has worked every time for me. As far as question 1 goes, I don't believe that you loose any functionality. FirePAC appears to have no issues pulling in the firewall configs using SWIS 1.0. For question 2, just download the NCM integration package from Athena (contact your sales rep and they will email you the link), and follw the instructions. They are very straight-forward, and easy to understand. If you have any issues, feel free to contact me.

Jon

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to irishjd

John,

Thank you, we found the new instructions yesterday and got the system integrated.  I had not had time to come back and update.  Thanks for taking a few minutes to reply to my question.

• This should also help.

We just introduced a new product which covers this: FSM, Firewall Security Manager, more here.

It is Athena's FirePAC product.