This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

F5 BigIP v11 LTM UCS Backup

FormerMember
FormerMember

I have two questions...

First is does anyone have the F5 onfig backup template for NCM working with v11?  Mine just fails every time and I am not quite sure where to go from here.  I realize that the template was for v10 but v11 still has the tmsh shell commands so I thought it might work.

Second question is around the possibility of doing a full UCS backup with NCM.  As I understand it, the current backup template only backs up the bigip.conf file which is helpful but not very much if you completely lose the device and have to start from scratch again since you lose your certificates and license and everything else.  In order to do this we would need to ssh and run a command to perform the backup, and then perform an SCP copy of the ucs file to Orion.  I had read several posts where I thought it was indicated that support for this was coming out but nothing recently.

Any thoughts on either of these?