This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Error when trying to remove a credential from SSH\Telnet when creating a Network Discovery profile

I am getting this Error when trying to remove a credential from SSH\Telnet when creating a Network Discovery profile. Anyone ever see this or know how to fix it?

Delete connection profile

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

LatteLarry_0-1611265354580.png

• I have the same issue with all my installations; did you solve it ?

• OK Here is how it works:

If you have assigned the credential to a node or nodes, you can´t delete it and you get the error;

If you un-assign the credential ( connection profile) to all nodes who uses it, you can delete the credential in the discovery menu but the profile (credentials) are also deleted in the list of credentials stored by Orion.  (Admin> Settings> NCM Settings> Manage Connection Profiles)

Maybe we need a feature request in order the credentials be only removed from the list to be used in discovery and not to use all credentials registered and available in orion DB to accelerate the discovery process.

• That would be a great feature.
    It works this way for NPM SNMP communities.

Or maybe instead of deselecting the NCM profiles in the discovery job,
    just a check-box to tick if you do not need to have the node being discovered into NCM.
    Would speed up the discovery job & then you don't have to edit the node properties to exclude NCM management.