This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Divice>Inventory Tab can not export to file.

I noticed that I was unable to export to a file from this tab, and only this tab while on the server application for NCM. Is there a reason export was disabled for that tab?

I know that most of the information shown in that tab can be pulled with reports, but I have been able to find the "Features" line from "Inventory Tab>Cisco IOS Image" in any of the report sections available.  Have I overlooked the "IOS Features" item in one of the avaliable report properties?

Also am having great difficulty making a report of my own to show VLANs (that actually works). I found a report that came with NCM that has VLANs. I guess I will start with that report and cut out the bits that I don't need in my report. the Inventory Tab has a nice VLANs table but I was unable to export it. The export would have to be done seperatly for each device which is not as good as the report, but if you only want one device it could still be useful saving the time of limiting the report to that one device.

• There is a report called "Last Inventory of each Device" if you view this report then click the modify button, you can change the report to include the IOS by selecting this the middle tab "Select Fields" then under "Discovered Properties" you can add OS Image and OS version to the report.

HTH
  • I am familar with the Report>Inventory options. Looking back at my post I need to more clearly state what I am asking, I tend to clutter it up with all of the other things that are going through my head in relation to the question.

Is there a reason that when you bing up the page for a device that the only tab that can not be exported is the Inventory Tab?

I realize that almost all of that information is available in reports (which is better as it can be ran on sevral devices at once). However, some inforation I have found on the inventory tab I have not been able to find in the inventory reports (in as an option to add to a report); Example: the "Feature" line on Inventory Tab>Cisco IOS Image page, which shows the features supported by that IOS image.