cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Create Post
Level 9

Device template for a Sophos XG Firewall

Dear All,

I want to manage my configurations on a Sophos XG Firewall using NCM. I have looked for existing Device templates, but neither Solarwinds nor here in the Thwack community I was able to find one.

So I'm trying to create my own and run into the following issues:

1) When I telnet to the Sophos Firewall I get prompted for a Password rather than a Username

Telnet Sophos.JPG

2) After logging in I get a Menu before I get to the console:

Sophos menu.JPG

I am getting confused which (Pre) commands to use to arrive at the device console

Does anyone already have a device template for Sophos or can give me directions as to how configure it?

Thanks much, John

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

I have played around with the Sophos SG a bit, and found that the config is not really displayed over SSH in a format, that NCM can properly understand.

Can you list the commands with screenshots how you would obtain the config on the XG?

Maybe the XG is a bit more friendly than the SG.

0 Kudos

From the web interface you can export/import the (Selective) configuration files resulting in a .tar file containing XML.

Export.JPG

These XML files would be readable by NCM and a good base to check on differences and select which version to import to restore a "good" situation.

I have looked for possibilities to run the export from the console/Advanced Shell and the location of the config files on the Sophos firewall, but have not found any

So I know what I want, but not how to get it. I guess no one else before me did either

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this is not how NCM works. We need to get the config somehow via SSH.

would there be any other form of scripted way to get the xml config? I know the SG has an API but I haven’t looked into that.

0 Kudos