This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Define a local user in NCM (Helpppp!!!!)

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. Of curse It is more like asking for help!!

In NCM ( Network Configuration Manager) , How can I define a local user?

Friends who are professional, please help.

That's too great to be explained with Fig.

I am in a hurry. emoticons_sad.png

Is there anyone who can help me?

Thanks a lot.

• To create a local user in NCM login to the web Gui. Click on Settings on the top right corner. In the settings page click on Manage Accounts. This will bring you to Admin Accounts page.

“Add New Account” in “Individual Accounts” tab and choose “Orion Individual account” during the account creation. Make sure you choose the correct NCM role.

• Hi buddy,

I have a server that is installed Microsoft Windows Server on it. So authentication come from it.

It is installed Orion and NCM on the server. I am able to create users, ( create user in Administrative Tools --> Computer management --> User ) , But user who add to NCM , can either use software or web page. You can not define a user that uses a combination of both.

This means user Administrator can open NCM software , But can`t open NCM Web console. Or user Webuploader can`t open NCM software which install on server.

That means I have to do 2 user defined for one person.

What do you think? What can I do? What`s your opinion?

sincerely,

ALI

• Hi Ali,

We are running Orion NCM 7.1.1.

My Windows user account is a NCM administrator (NCM role under Solarwinds Settings> Manage Accounts )  and is able to access both NCM Web Console and NCM software installed on Windows server.  I do not have to create 2 different accounts for that.