This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Dealing with special symbols in NCM Config Change Templates

Hi all,

I'm having an issue creating a config change template that includes @ symbols and other special symbols such as the / slash.  I have a Cisco router config that validates, but when I add the variables and run it, I get the following error when opening "show commands in new window".

Error:Variable @Lo0IP/32 could not be matched. Possible causes of this are:

1) It has not been declared.

2) You are referencing an entity property which does not exist.

3) You are missing a closing bracket in a prior native block.

The @Lo0IP is a variable for our Loopback IP address but the /32 isn't a part of the variable, it's just the CIDR for the prefix-list statement that would normally look like 10.10.10.10/32.  I've added the @Lo0IP as a variable and also added the string before the CLI statements.

.PARAMETER_LABEL @Lo0IP

.PARAMETER_DESCRIPTION @Lo0IP

Loopback0 IP Address

script ATCBranchGREConfigTemplate (

NCM.Nodes @ContextNode,

string @Hostname,

string @Lo0IP,

string @PortCHDesc,

{

CLI

{

configure terminal

!

ip prefix-list EIGRP_LEAK_pfx seq 5 permit @Lo0IP/32

I saw the thread about creating a string for the / slash and then calling that string in its place in the CLI piece, but I kept getting syntax errors.  Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks

Kevin