This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom reports in NCM

I'm trying to leverage reports in NCM to provide a list of certificates and their expiration dates in our Juniper VPN's. The idea behind it is to have a report sent every X days, via email. I've added a MIB to NCM that does list all the certs on the device, but I cannot seem to find a way of querying that MIB within a custom report. I also need to filter entries as there are certs on our VPN's that I wish not to list.

Originally I tried finding a way to do this in Orion NPM, but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter and join two MIB queries in one custom webpart. I'm sure there is a way to maybe do something with SQL queries, but honestly I'm not a coder... Ideas?

• In NPM you should be able to write a "Current Nodes,Interfaces..etc.." report to capture informatoin regarding your custom pollers. Attached is a screen shot. Not sure if this is what you're looking for.
  • Perhaps I'm missing something on my end. I did set up a Universal Poller, but I haven't seen it pop up in the Report Writer. I believe you created the field "Poller Name", so perhaps that's the missing piece is that I don't know where to create that?

• The field Poller Name is there, but's only shown in the "Current Nodes,Interface" report. You can filter by a few fields that would sort out your various MIBS. Like OID, the Poller ID...etc..
  • I was mistakenly choosing "Current Status of Nodes, Volumes, etc." instead of "Current Status of Nodes, Interfaces, etc."

There does appear to be one issue that I'm having. I need to include two different "Poller Names" into the same report. Every time I add a second "Poller Name", it creates a column called "Poller_Name_1". Which is cool because that means I should be able to address it differently than the column called "Poller_Name". Unfortunately, when I go to filter the results, the only option available to me is "Poller_Name" and not "Poller_Name_1".

I've missed multiple things already so I'm hoping that I'm missing something here too.

• On the filter tab, when you have it set to "select records where ANY of the following apply" You will be able to set your filter to have multiple conditions, so "Poller Name" wll be listed 2 times but the information after the "is equal to" value will be different on each line.